The 28 acre Suffield farm that we use for the majority of our production has been in our family since the mid 1800s, when the ancestors of Carol (Biggerstaff) Griffin emigrated to the United States from Northern Ireland.
The East Granby farm location that we use for production was originally part of a royal grant of land from the Prince of Wales, awarded to Sgt. John Griffin in 1647. It has remained in the Griffin family and is now operated by the 11th generation.
In 2009, we had our first season as Oxen Hill Farm CSA. We are proud to have been growing together as a family and as a business since then.